4.10.2006

Career Stats

.

I was able to go to Savvis last night to see the retirement of Al MacInnis' #2 Jersey. I found myself getting emotional, especially when Chopper's kids skated onto the ice. It was like a living eulogy. Several guys got up to say that though Big Al was know for his amazing slapper, they respected him for his character off the ice. Do you see the same thing being said about Barry Bonds?

Imagine the crowd gathered to review what you have done with your life, both at your funeral and in Heaven. Are you like MacInnis focusing on character, or trying to amass stats at any cost like Bonds? I'm under a lot of pressure to make money. Our mortgage is not going to pay itself. But how do I do the things day to day that have eternal impact instead of doing whatever it takes to make a dollar? Pray for me that I can focus on activities that improve my character and help others. I want my retirement party to be like MacInnis, not Bonds.

0 comments

Post a Comment

 

My Blog List

Followers